Monday, February 15, 2010

February 15, 2010

#3

Today my mom seemed confused and quiet. We spent most of the morning in the kitchen while I settled some household bills.

The girls were in the living room, but my mom chose to stay close by me. My grandson Little man J decided to spend time with great-grams and myself. He talked to her in jibber-ish baby talk, she didn't seem to mind. In fact she laughed; it's good to see her laugh.

I had to take my 12 year old dog to the vet; she's not doing well. Took mom with me. There I was with the dog's leash in one hand and holding my mom's arm in the other hand; what a site. People are interestingly enough very sweet when they see me helping my elderly mom. I wonder if people would still be as nice if she weren't with me.

Had to go take care of business, left girls to watch grams; this seemed to upset her. I just reassured her I would return. Ended up waiting almost 2 hours for the appointment. She would have tired.

She was still up waiting for me this evening upon my return; she looks so lost at times. I feel so sad; I don't know whether to pray for God to take her home to those she misses terribly or have her continue to live on lonely, without my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment